How you can get involved:
- Form a food team. Get together with family, friends, co-workers and so on to provide a lunch for HOMEpdx every other month. This involves buying and making the food, as well as bringing it down and helping to serve it. You get to partner with what we are doing and bless our friends in a huge way. If your church or group would be interested in this, please let us know, and we can talk more.
- Join us on Sundays. Our volunteers split their time between keeping things running (setting up, serving food, handing out supplies, clean up) and being present with our friends (eat lunch together, listen, play games). The result should feel a little like a family reunion – there are things to get done, but mostly it’s about spending time with people. If you are interested in partnering with us in this way, let us know!
- Support us financially. If you like what we do this is one of the best ways to help us do it. Even a little bit can help us a bunch, and having the consistency of monthly donations goes a long way toward us being able to plan ahead. Which in turn can help us spend more time loving our friends. So please consider partnering with us if you are able.
Supply Wish list:
- Men’s crew socks (white is most wanted, but also black).
- Gift cards to RiteAid & Safeway, any amount. We use these to fill prescriptions for our friends, & to buy food & supplies.
- Travel-sized toiletries: Right now we need deodorant, foot powder (Gold Bond is best), and razors.
- McDonald’s, Subway or other restaurant gift cards so we can take people out to eat & talk.
- Tri-Met one-day or one-trip passes to assist in getting people to various appointments; medical, job & otherwise.
821 total views, 1 views today